Sunday, September 7, 2008

Coca Cola Icees and BoA ATMs


OK. Today was a great day. But lets backup to last night. Before picking Chris up, I stopped at a Bank of America ATM. I am a big BoA fan. Bill pay and direct deposit makes me happy. It keeps the bill collectors happy too. Anyway, getting my gaming money took all of 10 seconds.

A friend of mine and I went to Pala to play some table games. The limits were not too bad 10-15 dollars or so. We played blackjack and 3 card poker. While playing 3 card poker (and having only $20 down...grrr) I hit 3 of a kind. The odds of that happening are about 425 to 1. Needless to say it paid handsomely. Chris...I still owe you lunch. Anyhow, so today, I attmepted to deposit my cash winnings. I went to 4 BoA ATMs, in 2 different cities, and not one would take a cash deposit!
WTF Bank of America???!!!! I think the new ATMs that count your money are really cool. But sometimes I wish that we go back to the old fashion "Place your money in an envelope with really crappy tasting glue" ATMs. And yes...I am a tech guy.

Did you know that BoA ATMs run Windows XP Professional Embedded? Yeah I saw one reboot in front of my eyes.

So I had to go to Ecke to workout this evening; Mottino closes at 5. I was stopped at an intersection and noticed that the service station across the street had an ICEE poster in the window. My heart raced. I have not had an ICEE since i was a kid. I remember that the old K-Mart food court in Coventry RI had an ICEE spinny thing. My favorite flavor is, hands down, Coca Cola. Unfortunately, this service station had only Cherry and Blue Raspberry. I asked the dude behind the counter to ask the owner to get Coca Cola flavor. I told him that I would be in here EVERYday if he did. The dude, who by the way, was not understanding English very well. So he just nodded and smiled. I could have been telling him that the world was about the blow up, and he would do the nodd and smile...grrrr.

Anyhow, my ride back home was so much better sipping a 24oz Cherry Icee. Now..if it were a Coca Cola ICEE, I would not be here typing this. I would be driving south on the 5 freeway, going back for a refill.

SOB - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k1BQIALVxZ0

[Yes I do sing (or shout) this in my car at high speeds | >= 2:20 is my fave]

Later :)

No comments: