Saturday, September 27, 2008

Barak 1 McCain 0 | Sarah Palin | Kayaking | Chocolate Soy Milk | Botts Dots

I TiVo'd the first presidential debate and watched it tonight. Please note that I did not watch any post-debate commentary or reviews; I wanted to make my own conclusions. Simply put, Barak Obama is the clear choice. I will dive into details in my special Election Coverage blog entry tomorrow night. Why do you have to wait? Easy, its 1040p and I am slightly tired. But don't you worry my friend, I have a lot to say about the matter. Very rarely am I at a loss for words.



I also had a chance to watch my TiVo'd Sarah Palin interview with Katie Couric. She is not the most worldly person I have ever seen; and John McCain has reason to keep her from the press. The VP debate is coming up on Thursday and she would better off not showing up. Joe Biden, who is sometimes a "open mouth and insert foot" kind of guy, is going to thrash her. I almost feel sorry for her...nah not really. Its all about choice and she chose this. She must bear the consequences (good and/or bad) of her choices. And for those of you who think this is about gender...you are so wrong. It is about being qualified for a job. Do you seriously believe this person is qualified to be VP? Or better yet president, if something happened to John McCain?
HECK NO.


I went kayaking this morning at LaJolla shores and I had sooo much fun. We saw seals, paddled near the caves, and just enjoyed being on the ocean. I will have pics at Flickr once the people I went with get them to me. I am going in 2 weekends again if anyone wants to join me. No doubt the highlight of the weekend.


I am addicted to Silk Chocolate Soy Milk, it tastes so good. I switched from drinking regular 1% milk to soy awhile ago. I buy cow's milk only when I need a cold cereal fix. Or more specifically, a Lucky Charms fix. Considering how addicted I am, I think they lace it with an opiate...kidding. :)


We did not have these at home (RI) because the snow plows would rip them off, but what a cool little invention they are. Not only do they help with night vision (because they reflect in your headlights), but they give a little "thud" when you run over them. Here in Southern California, they take the place of most painted lane markings. You are probably wondering why I am mentioning them in "Maximus". Well, all I can say is that if it were not for these circular pieces of ceramic and plastic, I would have totaled my car today.

Lesson learned: Do not text message your friend while driving on the freeway. Your car may drift into the other lane. "Thud thud", "thud thud"

Later
Geoff :)

SOB - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mq4zp-g2Jec

[Perfect, you know this has to be]

No comments: